Happy 2022! Our new year has started on a rather busy note, with Chinese New Year (CNY) preparation occupying our entire January. This is a good omen to signify a prosperous and busy year ahead, but many of us will be exhausted once the festivities are over. Read on for a list of ways you can pamper your tired feet and get them smooth and ready to run for the rest of the year.
- Tennis ball massage
For immediate relief from soreness, you can try this quick and easy method. Just place a tennis ball under your foot, then put enough weight on the balls (standing or sitting on a chair with your feet facing down is a good way). Finally, roll the ball around to give your feet a good massage!
- Foot massage
Last month we provided a DIY home foot spa guide, which is something you can do after CNY as well! (Not complaining about too much pampering. Our feet deserve them...) If time is against you, you can opt for professional foot spas, or even have a simple massage routine before you sleep every night by applying Ellgy Plus.
- Frozen water massage
Ice and other cold items can reduce inflammation caused by soreness on your feet, so this is a very relaxing massage especially during the hot days of CNY. Just fill up a good ol’ 500 ml mineral water bottle with ¾ water and freeze it, and then put the bottle under your feet and roll it.
- Feet stretch and strength exercise
The best way to relieve pain is by preventing them, and strengthening your muscles is a good way to start. Before starting a busy day, flex and curl your toes to stretch them out. To strengthen your feet, try picking up marbles with your toes. You can also pull a towel from the floor toward you with your feet while seated to stretch and strengthen your arches.
- Achilles Stretch
If you have some extra time, try the Achilles stretch! The Achilles tendon is the cord that runs up your heel into your calf muscles. Keeping it flexible can prevent foot, ankle, and leg pain.
- Stand facing a wall, with arms outstretched and palms against the wall.
- Place one foot back with your knee straight, and bend the other knee.
- Adjust your stance so that both heels are flat on the floor.
- Lean forward from the hips until you feel a stretch in your Achilles tendon and calf muscle.
- Adjust your stance if necessary to feel the pull while keeping both heels on the floor.
- To feel the stretch in a different place, bend the back knee slightly and push your hips forward.
- Hold the stretches for 30 seconds each and repeat three times.
- Switch legs and repeat
We hope these tips are helpful! At the end of the day, Ellgy Plus will be with you every step of your way and you can always come back to Ellgy Plus Cracked Heel Cream to relieve any cracks and soreness.
- Minnis, Gregory. “9 Foot Exercises to Try at Home.” Healthline.com, 26 February 2018, https://www.healthline.com/health/fitness-exercise/foot-exercises#achilles-stretchThe cord that runs up your heel into your calf muscles is called the Achilles tendon. Keeping it flexible can prevent foot, ankle, and leg pain. Stand facing a wall, with ar. Accessed 30 October 2021.
- Silver, Natalie. “10 Home Remedies to Relieve Sore Feet.” Heathline.com, 21 Nov 2018, https://www.healthline.com/health/sore-feet-remedi. Accessed 30 October 2021.